A number of well informed executives feel that for an early stage new venture having developed a robust business model is more important than spending time on writing a good business plan.
Robust Business Model
The Business Model section/slide of an investor presentation should address:
- A robust description of the Company’s business model
- The best presenters can sketch the relationships between the players (Company, suppliers, customers, partners, relevant others) showing how information, product, contracts, and $/Euros flow between them.
- The presenter is prepared to describe; how the business attracts new customers, how it is differentiated from each of the key competitors, and required changes in the way the customer does his business
- Saying “our business model is to sell differentiated product” will not impress Investors or stakeholders
- Many startups say that they offer a truly transformational offering. This is desirable, as long as the offering provides a level of benefit that is so compelling that it overwhelms all objections to the required changes in the end user’s way of doing business.
Put serious effort into developing a Robust Business Model based on market feedback
Please See the Related Posts